As an Operations Intern employed by Alff Construction, You will assist the Operations team with optimizing efficiency and customer satisfaction at our organization. You will provide direct support and accountability to the daily operational activities that drive the performance and growth of Alff Construction. You will ensure that work orders are fulfilled, schedules are coordinated and hiring levels are maintained to adequately deliver the level of service expected by our customers. This individual will be responsible for delivering success within the specifications outlined by the Operational Leadership Team. Success will be calibrated through the evaluation of Key Performance Indicators that measure performance across the following attributes, customer satisfaction, issue resolution, quality of work and the effective execution of these strategies.
- Managing employees in designated areas and assisting with fulfilling open positions.
- Maintaining an accurate record of construction employee attendance.
- Oversee day to day operations of the facility.
- Handle emergencies appropriately according to established procedures; prepare and file accident reports
- Communicate with customers regarding products and services
- Set project goals and oversee projects to completion; schedule and track assignments
- Assist team in identifying process improvements
- Act as a supporting point of contact for field operation employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Sound knowledge of general construction and construction safety regulations
- Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Great customer service
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior time management ability and keen sense of organization
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of college level coursework and/or applicable trade school program, working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field.