1. Sales, Marketing and Merchandising
a.Lead sales associate for garden-related items and offer support to customers on plant variety selection for gardens and landscape use that include but are not limited to:
i. Landscape trees, shrubs and perennials
ii. Annual bedding plants
iii. Garden seeds, vegetable plants and fruit crops
b.Provide support on planting, fertilizer, pruning, cultural questions on disease and pest issues and other plant care topics.
c.Proficient in plant and weed identification.
d.Research, develop and promote Organic and IPM (integrated pest management) solutions to lawn and garden care.
e.Coordinate with marketing department on promotions, brochures and events to promote sales and education.
f.Manage merchandising of product inside and outside the store.
2.Product Selection and Purchasing
a.Lead the selection efforts of garden seeds, plants, annuals, bedding plants, perennials, trees and shrubs.
b.Involve other staff in the selection process, staying up to date on the latest offerings and industry trends and lead the effort in product offerings for organic plant health care.
3.Outreach and Training’s
a. Coordinate garden outreach activities with an emphasis on IPM and Organic gardening & lawn care.
b. Facilitate in-store seminars, plan and deliver radio show program, blog articles focused on garden topics and manage customer questions/problems and offer solutions.
c. Train staff members on physical plant care, sales and other garden related items.
d. Attend relevant trade shows, conferences, seminars, online education opportunities; visit and tour vendors.
Education, Credentials and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture with 3-5 years’ direct experience required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products, accurate keyboarding and general office equipment familiarity.
· Strong organization and communications skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to multitask and stay focused while dealing with multiple interruptions.
· Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance and 50+ pounds with assistance.
· Bending, twisting and reaching conducive to both an office and warehouse environment.