1. Manage Product Portfolio
a. Characterize existing product and develop sales information (product descriptions, tech sheets, catalogs).
b. Research and evaluate new product and opportunities for business fit.
c. Understand industry trends in both organic and conventional agriculture and how the business should adjust.
d. Understand government incentive programs and how they affect our customers and influence our product line.
e. Collaborate with purchasing team on production or procurement of products.
2. Product Sales
a. Lead salesperson of cover crop products and cover crop mixtures.
b. Field and process in-store and over-the-phone sales to retail and wholesale customers.
c. Learn how all cover crop species fit into organic and conventional crop rotation and the purposes they serve on the farm such as ground cover, erosion control, soil health, fertility management, or grazing.
d. Be familiar with and process sales of other seed offerings such as corn, soybean, small grain, and forages.
1. Sales Training
a. Educate staff and dealer network on product agronomic basics, selection, and farm placement.
b. Provide support on management of cover crops (fit in crop rotation, herbicide restrictions, planting, terminating, livestock forage opportunity, etc.).
4. Outreach and Market Development
a. Build market presence and increase sales.
b. Develop and maintain relationships with customers, seed providers and research organizations relating to cover crops.
c. Organization and execution of on-farm plots and field days.
d. Collaborate with marketing team on sales objectives and contribute to development of marketing content including video, digital and print.
Education, Credentials and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy along with 3-5 years cover crop industry related experience required. Master of Science degree or research experience a plus.
· Computer proficiency in MS office products and Outlook. Ability to learn database software (ex: Pilot, Freightview).
· Strong organization and communication skills, attention to detail and ability to set appropriate boundaries with staff and customers.
· Knowledge of seed species and varieties.
Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance and 50+ pounds with assistance.
· Bending, twisting and reaching conducive to both an office and warehouse environment.