Inside Sales Account Executive – SWINE, REMOTE
Unique opportunity for a highly motivated, industry-connected self-starter with the confidence and skill-set to capture market share in the US swine reproduction field. Candidate will have exclusive access to sell the entire product line from one of the TOP FOUR swine reproduction companies in the world.
- Minimum 3 years inside sales experience to the swine or animal health industry
- Swine reproduction knowledge, and background in animal husbandry skills
- Proven track record demonstrating annual sales of $1M-5M+
- 4-year degree in animal science, agriculture, Ag business, Ag marketing or closely related field
- Skilled and highly experienced with communication & sales technologies including use of social media, CRM & order management software, PC environment & Microsoft applications, email, texting, video conferencing
- Dependable high-speed internet (300Mb down minimum) in home office
- Able to develop and execute a sales plan
- Positive attitude with a “customer first” work ethic
- Strong work ethic (i.e. independent initiator, self-starter)
- Marketing trade show experience
- Legal to work in the US
- Able to pass background and drug screening checks
- Fluent speaking and writing English
· Grew up on, or has worked in a swine breeding operation or boar stud; able to appreciate the business owner’s pain points.
· Spanish language skills
Job Type & Schedule
· Part-time or full-time as needed to achieve quarterly sales goals. This is a remote, home-office position where you (and your customers) control your schedule and time-commitment required to achieve defined quarterly sales quotas, while coordinating with Agtech’s Monday-Friday fulfillment warehouse in Kansas. You are an employee of, sign an employment contract with, and are representing Agtech, Inc. Each week via video conference you will be a part of Agtech’s team meeting.
· Remote, your home office. Ideally, the candidate would live in one of the states where the majority of swine reproduction operations are located (Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, S. Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, N. Carolina).
- Minimal. This is an inside sales / customer service position. Any travel related to customer acquisition and customer service would be at the discretion of the Acct. Exec w/ management approval, if /when required to secure a new customer. Agtech reimburses the IRS rate/mile; company vehicle is not provided. Candidate will attend/manage Agtech’s booth at 3-4 trade shows annually throughout the US.
- Provided by the manufacturer via video conferences
Objectives which measure candidate’s success in this position
- Able to establish business relationship with US swine breeding / farrowing producers, boar semen collection companies, and other industry influencers
- Able to develop and execute a sales & marketing plan which achieves (or exceeds) quarterly sales quotas
· Top 40 US Pork producers (as published in Successful Farming “Pork Powerhouses” annually)
· Farrowing operations with 5000 – 800,000 sows
· Boar studs collecting and extending semen
Competitors in US Market
· Description: Companies focused on the swine breeding industry which manufacture and/or market boar semen extender, equipment such as automated filling machines, CASA (computer assisted semen analysis) systems, consumables such as insemination catheters, wet wipes, lube, vinyl gloves
· Identified: IMV, Minitube, Magapor
· Base salary (1st year) + tiered commission
· Estimated first year on-target earnings (OTE) $100,000
- Remote, work from home office, flexible schedule
- Health, dental & vision insurance available 60 days after hire. Premium paid 100% by employer.
- SIMPLE IRA w/company match up to 3%
- Company provided laptop PC, scanner, desk multi-line phone, mobile phone
- Company pays phone plans 100%, & pays 40% of home-office internet