Job Summary: Ag Processing Inc has an immediate opening for a Logistics Coordinator in Sgt. Bluff, Iowa! The person in this critical role will be responsible for coordinating logistical functions of railcars that deliver our products from our manufacturing facilities to our customers. Excellent time management and communication skills will be utilized to successfully partner with our operations team, merchandisers, corporate logistics personnel, and railroad companies to ensure timely deliveries are completed safely. If you enjoy working with others in a fast-paced environment apply today!
Organization Summary: Ag Processing Inc (AGP) is a farmer-owned cooperative that processes, sells and transports soybeans, grains, and related products. Our company has become the largest soybean processing cooperative in the world and our plants process soybeans that can be used in a variety of products such as animal feed, vegetable oil, and fuels. AGP values its employees by offering competitive pay and a benefit package that includes:
- 100% employer funded pension plan & 401k retirement plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account, medical and dependent care flex spending accounts
- Long term disability & life insurance
- Salary continuation
- Wellness program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Paid vacation and holidays
· Responsible for all activities relating to rail transportation which affect our facilities
· Coordinate railroad activities regarding the switching of loaded and empty tank cars, hopper
cars and other types of rail equipment
· Communicate and coordinate with multiple departments in order to ensure all groups are informed of daily activities.
· Responsible for daily verification of demurrage and related charges
· Communicate with Corporate Transportation Department regarding rail equipment repairs
· Coordinate the ordering of private and railroad equipment as required
· Communicate and coordinate with local railroad personnel regarding local railroad activities
relating to the service to AGP
· Communicate and coordinate with all local management and supervisory staff regarding areas of track work, maintenance and projects
· Other duties as assigned by manager
· Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain (or similar) or equivalent experience is required
· Experience in transportation logistics is preferred
· Strong proficiency in MS Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook
· Strong verbal & written communication skills
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Effective critical thinking skills
· Must be able to multi-task
· Must be willing to work in a team environment.
· Must be able to work occasional evenings and
· Must be able to rotate weekend and holidays
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.