The Events & Development Intern is responsible for assisting the Development Department in planning and implementing our two primary fundraising events, the Crested Butte Open and Bridges of the Butte, and assisting in the office where needed on database, grant management, administrative and other special projects.
This position will provide a hands on opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about event planning and the day-to-day operations of a non-profit organization. Fundraising is key to the success of any non-profit organization and is a valuable skill to add to any resume. The Events & Development Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced development professionals, learn about event planning and the operation of a non-profit organization.
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
This position reports to the Events & Development Manager, Emily Girdwood
Specific duties may include:
· Assist with coordinating all event logistics including guest lists, sponsorship, mailings, marketing, programs, volunteers, staffing, donations, and more.
· Assist with development office donor research, outreach and acknowledgments.
· Work with staff in other departments on various tasks, as needed.
· Interest in and/or knowledge of event planning and non-profit development practices.
· Attention to detail.
· Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday.
· Motivation, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong computer competency; proficiency in Word and Excel.
· Organizational and general office skills.
Additional Skills Preferred
· Familiarity with database applications
· Experience with people with disabilities
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Intern housing is provided by the Adaptive Sports Center. All interns will live together in the Adaptive Building located in the town of Crested Butte. The ASC will dictate the terms of the lease. Intern housing is valued at $500/month with utilities included. Laundry is available on site. Interns will be asked to provide the ASC with a refundable security deposit of $600 each. The deposit check is held through the end of the season and will only be deposited if charges are acquired.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and 2 references to Emily Girdwood at Emily@adaptivesports.org.