Throughout the year, Adams Land and Cattle offers internship opportunities that provide students exposure to the daily operations of a feedlot. Interns are also offered company-sponsored housing during the term of their internship.
This person will be responsible for:
- Assisting in all facets of the Feedlot pertaining to Cattle Operations (i.e., Processing, Feeding, Cattle Health, Load Out, Cattle Distribution, and East Lot).
- Administering implants, tags, vaccines, topicals, and antibiotics according to protocols and procedures.
- Operating equipment properly and safely while delivering precise rations accurately and efficiently.
- Understanding anatomy and diagnosis of cattle in order to administer treatments and therapy to identified cattle.
- Assisting with verifying cattle.
- Assisting with cattle moves within the feedlot.
- Assisting with general maintenance of feedlot facilities and structures, as needed.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, cleaning facilities, ensuring water tanks are properly functioning, watching gates, and operating heavy machinery.
- Following AQA and safety guidelines when in cattle handling areas and facilities.
Ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Beef Quality Assurance experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to multiple teams, supervisors/managers, environments, and job-related tasks.
- Basic mechanical skills and heavy equipment experience are preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use analytical skills for problem solving and taking initiative.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Commitment to safety and quality culture.
- Preferred majors include Animal Science, Feedlot Management, Cattle Health and other Ag related majors.