Our client is searching for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team at the manufacturing facility in Iowa. The position is salaried and reports to the Director of Technical Services and Quality.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Partner with Operations and R&D troubleshooting, identifying Root Cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Assessing supplier’s and company product specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Direct microbiological test requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining controls and documentation to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
- Performing quality-related training needs.
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and employed when product modifications are necessary.
- Assuring HACCP compliance is current.
- Bringing staff together and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
- Acting as the key contact with customers’ auditors and taking responsibility for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Conduct the Food Safety meetings.
- Act as the SQF Practitioner for the facility and oversee audits.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- PCQI training or equivalent experience (FSMA training)
- Management experience is required, preferably in a quality lab.
- HACCP certification and SQF Practitioner certification (GFSI program equivalent: BRC, ISO, FSSC) is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in MS Office, Analysis of Data, other quality/analytical software.
- Excellent time management skills, adept at managing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry).
- Solid knowledge of QA procedures and programs in a food and/or industrial environment (HACCP, SSOP’s, GMP’s)
- Detail orientation with a consultative approach to build team work.