Emery Jensen Distribution is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ace Hardware Corporation that distributes hardware & home improvement products to the independent Pro Lumber, Paint, Hardware, and E-retailer customer segments.
This field-based Retail Services Specialist role that will assist in merchandising sets, stocking, order writing, executing suggested retail pricing, overseeing conversion programs, maintaining and communicating all POG changes and other general housekeeping and retail execution functions as agreed to by the Account Manager and the Customer. This position will be responsible to service accounts in the the following areas; Western Massachusetts, Wilton, Albany or Hudson Valley, NY.
- Maintain exemplary relations with store personnel and management
- Walk floor, inspect Emery Jensen sets, stock product if necessary
- Execute and maintain store level resets as required
- Create space on planograms (POGs) and place new products in existing sets
- Implement advertising drops
- Assist buyers and store employees with special requests related to Emery Jensen
- Ensure orders are moving from receiving area to floor selling space in a timely manner. Document any miss picks and shipping issues
- Research and answer questions on any ordering and product problems or trends as they occur
- Document customer input regarding shipper performance and attitude, product performance, item scanning issues, reset order logistics, etc.
- Verify all items needed for POG are represented and properly located. Order any missing SKUs.
- Correct inventory information as needed
- Ensure customer pricing labels are present and in proper place
- Identify deleted items and implement rollover or replacement SKU
- Check graphics and POP material as applicable
- Recommend needed changes in product presentation level
- Follow up on any special requests made and communicated results to Account Manager
- Write orders for specific categories to be approved by buyers
- Assist stores with credits and claims
- Attends new store openings and special store events
- Execute price shops as required
- 5-7 years of retail or customer service experience or bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of retail experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills with customers and colleagues
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized self-starter able to thrive is a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and accomplish objectives in active store environment.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is often required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.