ACCI Specialty Materials has available a Chemist Internship position that provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a degree in chemistry, materials science, chemical/materials engineering or related field. The intern will work closely together with the company PhD process development scientist and have a significant role in day-to-day operations of the company. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedule, or a full-time basis.
- Follow all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Learn to operate analytical instrumentation through written procedures and training.
- Routine, and non-routine chemical analysis with instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, Karl Fisher, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Ion-Chromatography, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy, UVvis and viscosity.
- Provide support related to process research and development projects including lab scale to 50L scale chemical reactions and prototyping lab scale process equipment.
- Support a variety of chemical manufacturing activities.
Opportunities for experience in:
- Analytical chemistry instrumentation
- Organic synthesis
- Material properties characterization
- Quality control
- Process research and development
- Quality Management Systems
- Learning about chemical production equipment and processing
- Learning about the operation of a manufacturing company
- Teamwork and problem solving in fast-paced environment
- Enrolled in a BS, MS or PhD program in chemistry, materials science, chemical/materials engineering or closely related field
- Experience in HPLC preferred but not required
- Experience in organic synthesis highly preferred but not required