Make a Difference in a Child’s Life!
We are looking for creative, caring, positive, energetic, responsible, reliable individuals for various part time positions in our 3 Lincoln child development centers.
Current Openings for our 3 Locations:
Summer School-Age Program Leader – Full Time during Summer Only (May 21-Aug 13) at our 15th Street Location. Hours somewhat flexible, but must include M-F 9am-330pm and be able to drive a 15 passenger van to/from field trips, events, and parks. (No special driver’s license needed, but good driving record important.) Wages are $10 – $11/hr DOE
Teacher Assistants (Part Time) – Flexible hours available at all 3 Locations (Prefer your choice of M-F AM hours; M-F PM hours; all day MWF; or all day T/Th) Will work with schedule changes for each semester as much as possible. Wages are $9.25 – $10.00/hr DOE
School Age Assistant & Van Driver – Short van runs to nearby schools for pick up an drop off. At the center, just assist children with Breakfast or Snack, as well as playtime, activities, light homework help. Openings at all 3 centers. Hours are M-F 7am-9:15am and/or 2pm – 6pm. Wages are $9.50-10.50/hr DOE
**The Part Time positions can possibly be combined with other part time positions to become a full time position as well. Our centers are staffed Mon- Fri from 6:15am – 6:15pm.
Specific Pay Wage depends on your experience, education, FT/PT, and the position you are seeking.
We also offer many great full time benefits, including: assistance with Market Place individual insurance, retirement plans, dental insurance, life insurance, up to 2 weeks paid time off, holiday/snow day pay, reduced child care tuition, employee parties, bonuses, many no cost in-house training classes and much more! We also offer TEACH and CDA Scholarships, catered lunches daily from Hy-Vee, incentives & awards, and many other perks!
We believe in creating incentives that encourage your desire to strive for excellence in the classroom. We want to make a place for you where the rewards for your hard work will keep you loving your job! When you love your job, the children will love YOU and our parents will appreciate YOU!
- A strong desire to work with children and to keep them safe
- A helpful, active approach to working with Lead teachers, other co-workers and management
- CPR/First Aid certification required prior to hire (or within 90 days). Other State of Nebraska required trainings will be provided as well, as needed.
- Must have self-motivation, creativity and energy to find fun ways to educate and entertain children
- Understanding, caring and empathy is necessary to see the world in a child’s eye and guide them through their questions, concerns and interests
- Encouragement, positivity and support is required to help create an outstanding atmosphere for children and parents, as well as co-workers
- Must be responsible and have a great work ethic. Being on time, reliable and dependable is vital in our industry due to state mandated ratios at all times children are in care
- Keep continual patience with children as you provide a fun, educational and safe atmosphere
- Having a high focus on customer service, relationship building and communication skills is very important in working with parents, co-workers and managers in a effective, productive manner
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required for full time positions and staff 18 years and older. Some college coursework in the education, early childhood, human services, psychology or social work fields preferred, but not required.
- Some experience preferred for part time positions, but will train as well.
- Drivers (if position requires) preferred to be at least 20 years old with experience driving and 1500 hours of working with children in a structured environment. Also Driver’s must have a Valid NE Driver’s License and a Good Driving Record required. We will provide you with state required driving class (2 hrs), and a simple route/job training as well. Commercial Driving License is NOT required, as our vans are 15 passenger vehicles and not buses.
- Must be a legal resident and citizen of the United States. Must speak and write English well without the help of a translator.
- Must successfully complete the required background checks. Any felonies or misdemeanors must be reported during the application process. We reserve the right to drug test. For more information on law enforcement contacts or convictions that eliminate or limit your ability to work in child care in the state of Nebraska, please visit: http://www.sos.ne.gov/rules-and-regs/regsearch/Rules/Health_and_Human_Services_System/Title-391/Chapter-3.pdf
3 Easy Ways to Apply:
1) Email us your resume by replying to this posting
2) Apply In Person: at any of our 3 locations in Lincoln
3) Visit our website for an application at www.AACDC.com under the Careers section and Mail in your application to one of our locations below:
8215 Northwoods Dr. Suite 100, Lincoln NE 68505 (near 82nd & Holdrege)
8025 Yankee Woods Drive, Lincoln NE 68516 (near 80th & Yankee Woods Dr.)
7301 S. 15th St., Lincoln NE 68512 (near 14th & Pine Lake Rd.)
AACDC is an equal opportunity employer.