Do you love working with kids?
The psychological intern is responsible for conducting psychological assessments of children and adolescents. Intern psychologists oversee the evaluation process in a manner that ensures responsiveness to referral concerns, well supported conclusions, and clear communication regarding outcome and recommendations. They must demonstrate a knowledgeable base in developmental theory as well as exude strong clinical abilities and enthusiasm for a collaborative approach to treatment. Effective communication skills and a commitment to ethical standards are also required.
What would you do?
● Conduct Psychological Evaluations
○ Complete intake process and develop an evaluation strategy.
○ Administer appropriate assessment protocol consistent with professional and insurance guidelines.
○ Formulate diagnostic conclusions based on collected information.
○ Provide clear verbal and written communication of findings and recommendations within a timely manner to families.
○ Complete notes and reports within a timely manner.
● Support in-clinic and community collaboration
○ Meet Board Supervision expectations
○ Participate in clinical case study meetings bi-weekly, including leading and presenting cases as required by the Clinical Director.
○ Consult with ABS Kids staff regarding mental health needs of ABA patients and their families.
○ Work to ensure a smooth referral process between in-house services and community partners.
○ Communicate effectively with caregivers, community partners, and treatment providers.
● Engage in professional conduct
○ Meet with the Clinical Director to discuss ABS Kids policies and procedures regarding the psychological testing process and Supervision.
○ Participate in ongoing professional development efforts to ensure current understanding of best practices.
○ Use ABS Kids systems to manage patient process and information.
○ Maintain quality requirements for services rendered.
○ Adhere to ethical guidelines as specified by the American Psychological Association.
○ Meet training requirements of ABS Kids (HIPAA, CPR, etc.)
What do we offer?
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, HSA, vision, plus voluntary benefits like short term disability, life, accident, hospital indemnity, critical illness and pet insurance
- 401(k) plus company match
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Referral bonus program
- Employee discounts and Employee Assistance Program including free legal and financial advice, free counseling support and much more
Employee Health and Safety
In response to COVID-19 ABS Kids has adopted the following work environment initiatives to keep our patients, staff and families safe:
- Online training for incoming team members
- Virtual team meetings
- Providing face masks and hand sanitizer to staff
- Limiting gatherings in ABS Kids centers with segmented physical spaces and social distancing
- Consolidated in-home scheduling minimizing staff / family interactions
- Telehealth for select services when possible
Who are we looking for?
● Critical thinking
● Interpersonal skills
● Communication skills
● Ability to Multitask
● High attention to detail
● Computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office and Google
Education and experience:
●Education: PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology
●Must hold a Provisional Psychology license
About our Company
ABS Kids is dedicated to empowering children with autism spectrum disorders and their families to reach their full potential – helping them learn, grow and reach incredible milestones. We take pride in our stellar support for providers, so they can do what they do best – deliver the highest quality ABA Therapy to our patients. Our commitment to quality shows in our BHCOE accreditation and recognition for top 10% in overall services nationally! Visit www.abskids.com to learn more about us.
At ABS Kids we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. ABS Kids is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.