Apply on company website- https://www.absglobal.com/internships/
Overall Responsibilities: The Veterinary and Embryo Intern will learn the over-all process of Embryo transfer work in dairy cattle. The successful candidate will get hands on training, on farm and in lab.
- Farm visits for embryo recovery and implantation.
- Data analysis and report creation, including genetic management strategy, planning and segmentation
- Exposure to genetic advising through genetic planning and reproductive management
- Artificial Insemination of cows also possible
- Working with the Technical and Genetic Services Specialists as well the Global Head of Technical and Genetic Services, the intern will also have an opportunity to be exposed to other departments during the internship.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Insemination experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills are required
- The ability to read and write in Spanish would be a plus
- The successful candidate will be pursuing a Veterinary, Dairy or Animal Science, Animal Breeding, Genetics degree, or another related field
- Currently enrolled as a junior, senior or post-graduate at an accredited college or university
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Lives and displays the Genus ABS Values and behaviors at all times in their day to day ways of working
- Professional attitude and work ethic
- High multi-tasking ability and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team-oriented attitude