Please apply here:https://www.absglobal.com/internships/
Looking for a one-of-a-kind paid internship in the Madison area? ABS Global has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join our team as a Human Resources Intern located in our DeForest, WI.
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Human Resources Team on a wide range of projects related to HR, including, but not limited to, recruiting, on-boarding/orientation, HR systems and back end transactions and leadership development and employee engagement.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Human Resources can play in both field and corporate settings and be better prepared to work in the arena of human resources. The candidate will also have opportunities to network with the Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, and IT staff.
- HR administration and project work
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- Improve HR processes
- Manage Pre-Employment Processes
- Post new positions on various websites including Indeed.com and our internal site
- Coordinate candidate interviews
- Maintain a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internal and external
- Properly handle client requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Work proactively with other team members
- Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects
- Handle client requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
- Openly share new ideas and information with other team members
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with a focus in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving client issues/ problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior HR member
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
If this is right up your alley, and you meet the requirements, please send your resume, cover letter, and a write-up answering the following three questions to ABS.Internship@genusplc.com.
- Why you are interested in the opportunity, and what are you looking to achieve in the experience?
- How this experience would fit in to your overall career plan?; and
- What skills and characteristics set you apart from your peers in the HR profession?
Who Are We?
Genus plc is a market leader in porcine, dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best pigs and bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
ABS Global, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ABS Global, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ABS Global, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ABS Global’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.