ABLA is a premier regional planning & landscape architecture firm who understands that outdoor spaces are worlds unto themselves — from the elaborate infrastructure that helps communities thrive, to the dynamic ecosystem balanced in every landscape. “Inspiring spaces. Impacting lives.” is our motto and the driving force behind the authentic relationship experience our clients receive when collaborating with us. We call Arizona home but our craft takes us into six other states as well with a diverse portfolio of nationally recognized projects encompassing all aspects of entitlements, land planning, urban design, landscape architecture, and project implementation. Our services expand across both public and private sectors, ranging from small intimate urban spaces to large master-planned communities and mixed-use projects.
We are currently looking for trailblazers who want to achieve greatness through innovation and add to the diversity of our vibrant and family oriented ABLA culture. Are you ready to explore the creative inspiration and fun work environment awaiting you at our brand-new studio right off of Tempe Town Lake? We offer a flexible schedule, indoor and outdoor workspaces, multi-collaboration spaces, and a dynamic mentorship program that gives you the tools to control your journey and industry development.
At ABLA, it’s time to inspire! Please submit your resume and portfolio after reviewing the following position criteria:
ABLA is now hiring to fill a Planner I position. This is a full-time entry-level position and the ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
· Developing knowledge of land planning, grading design, graphic preparation, municipal entitlements, and plan preparation with excellent layout, organization, written, and verbal skills.
· Design, documentation, and processing of land planning and entitlement projects varying from residential and commercial to office and recreation, as well as assessing a potential site for development through site analysis.
· Develops Master Plan(s) for projects including building the feasibility study & strategic framework, establishing & developing options for land use to be translated into three-dimensional models, and identifies the resulting development needs, costs, and value.
· Writes general plan amendments, municipal zoning code analysis, research, development documentation to ensure compliance with city zoning including coordinating and reviewing site plans & designs, ordinance & site regulations, community & mixed-use planning.
· Zero to two years of experience with a bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, or another related field required. Candidate must have working knowledge of the following graphic programs: Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other similar graphic programs.