ABLA is a premier regional planning & landscape architecture firm who understands that outdoor spaces are worlds unto themselves — from the elaborate infrastructure that helps communities thrive, to the dynamic ecosystem balanced in every landscape. “Inspiring spaces. Impacting lives.” is our motto and the driving force behind the authentic relationship experience our clients receive when collaborating with us. We call Arizona home but our craft takes us into six other states as well with a diverse portfolio of nationally recognized projects encompassing all aspects of entitlements, land planning, urban design, landscape architecture, and project implementation. Our services expand across both public and private sectors, ranging from small intimate urban spaces to large master-planned communities and mixed-use projects.
We are currently looking for trailblazers who want to achieve greatness through innovation and add to the diversity of our vibrant and family oriented ABLA culture. Are you ready to explore the creative inspiration and fun work environment awaiting you at our brand-new studio right off of Tempe Town Lake? We offer a flexible schedule, indoor and outdoor workspaces, multi-collaboration spaces, and a dynamic mentorship program that gives you the tools to control your journey and industry development.
At ABLA, it’s time to inspire! Please submit your resume and portfolio after reviewing the following position criteria:
Landscape Architect I
ABLA is now hiring to fill a Landscape Architect I position. This is a full-time entry-level position and the ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
· Prepare preliminary design, presentation materials, working drawings, and project specifications that provide the client with an understanding of the proposed project spatial arrangement, programs, functions, constraints & opportunities.
· Development of overall aesthetic including plans, analysis studies (topographic, climatic, land use, vegetation, access, etc.), establishment of character or project related imagery as a basis for design, typical material palettes.
· Use Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other design software to create construction details, design documents, and construction documents that utilizes accurate scaling, proportions and interpretation of layouts, sketches, redlined prints, or other drawings.
· Also assists project team with development of documents and permit applications required by government agencies for approval that meet municipality and in-house specifications & standards.
· Zero to two years of experience with a bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, or another related field required. Candidate must display a desire to learn and develop skills necessary to assume additional responsibilities within the office.