Applications for the AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (STPF) will be accepted
June 1 through November 1, 2021
STPF is the premier opportunity for outstanding doctoral-level scientists and engineers to learn first-hand about policymaking. Fellows serve yearlong assignments in all three branches of the federal government in Washington D.C. and represent a broad range of disciplines, backgrounds and career stages.
STPF is seeking candidates with strong scientific and engineering backgrounds (including social sciences, mathematics, and computer and information sciences), diverse backgrounds, an interest in policy.
- Doctoral-level degree (PhD, MD, DVM, DSc, etc.) in any scientific, social science, or engineering discipline.
- A master’s in engineering plus three years of full-time engineering experience also qualifies.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Cannot be a full-time federal or AAAS employee.
STIPEND & BENEFITS
- Health insurance.
- Training/travel and relocation allowances.
- Professional development, including a two-week orientation and monthly workshops.
APPLICATION PERIOD : Applications will be accepted June 1 – November 1, 2021.