Mechanical Engineering & Chemical Engineering Co-Op
A-Gas is the global expert in the supply and full life-cycle management of specialty chemicals and gases, providing refrigerants, blowing agents, fire protection agents and carbon credit offsets to our customers around the world. With industry leading recovery, reclamation, and gas processing technologies, A-Gas continues to lead the industry in developing cutting-edge solutions designed to protect the environment. The recent integration of Rapid Recovery and Diversified Pure Chem reinforce our continued commitment to our customers and the industry in which we serve. Together we become the number one provider in the end-to-end supply and reclamation service for our customers.
The Mechanical Engineering & Chemical Engineering Co-op will assist in the development and analysis of materials, processes, and/or equipment. Under direct supervision and guidance the individual will compile, analyze, and report operational and test data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified processes, and/or equipment.
Primary Place of Work
Rhome, TX or Bowling Green, OH
- Assist engineers/project managers in the daily management, planning, and execution of projects
- Develop and/or maintain project status (cost and schedule) spreadsheets
- Create and organize project documentation including P&ID’s and work instructions
- Procure and install Valve and Instrument Tags
- Data gathering and analysis
- Support business development efforts
- Perform support duties such as making mathematical computations and developing chart and graphs, as needed under the direction of the Process Engineer
- Work directly with outside contractors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Drive continuous improvement of processes through the development of improved techniques and/or identification of improvements to equipment.
- Take part in the design, installation, and commission of new production equipment, monitor modifications and upgrades.
- Aide in troubleshooting of existing processes.
- Apply the principles of mass balance and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual and detail design.
- Develop/revise standard work instructions for new and existing processes.
- Assist with the management of projects from concept to completion; ensuring the project is done on time and within the allocated budget.
- Work with sub-contractors.
- Utilize safety guidelines (e.g. OSHA standards) when contributing to design of processes and equipment.
- Work closely with other engineers and team members to drive process improvements through Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Participates in design failure mode effects analysis and ensures product, process and system reliability and safety.
- Ensure the process works at the optimum level.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Undergraduate student in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Attention to detail
- Technical writing experience
- Reads, interprets and understands drawings, engineering documents and specifications
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Enthusiastic team player
- Project Schedule Experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks while handling numerous assignments simultaneously
- Ability to take initiative and perform with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently under the direction of the Process Engineer and with other Co-op students
- Has a style of working that fits with the SPOT ON values:Sense of fun, Sense of Purpose, Professionalism, Leadership, Openness, Honesty, Trust, and Respect
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.