A Free Bird Programs department consists of three programs: Dream Big, Take Flight, and Fly Free, all of which engage our participants with the arts. As a volunteer for the Programs department, you will be responsible for acting as a liaison between our affiliates, such as hospitals and arts organizations, and our program participants.
Within this department, there are a number of different opportunities, from for-credit internships to roles for experienced professionals.
- Research and initiate contact, and maintain working professional relationships with schools, hospitals, children programs, etc.
- Manage the structure and organization of key documents for the department.
- Connect the children in this program with established artists in their respective disciplines and provide them with information and resources.
- Create templates, documents, spreadsheets, etc., for the programs department to run more efficiently.
- Contact hospitals, children’s programs, schools, and tutors to establish partnerships.
- Keep up to date on any policies with our partners that may affect the children.
- 1 – 2+ years of experience in the nonprofit sector is desired
- Interest/experience in arts education is desired.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Familiar with online marketing automation platforms, such as Mailchimp or Sendinblue.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to adjust to changing work conditions and effectively multitask.
- Has worked both collaboratively with other team members and individually.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications.
Internships are unpaid for credit only. If you are not receiving college credit for this internship you will not be eligible.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our volunteers’ health and have adapted to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least once per week.