A Free Bird Programs department consists of three programs: Dream Big, Take Flight, and Fly Free, all of which engage our participants with the arts. As a volunteer for the Programs department, you will be responsible for acting as a liaison between our affiliates, such as hospitals and arts organizations, and our program participants.
Within this department, there are a number of different opportunities, from for-credit internships to roles for experienced professionals.
- Research and initiate contact, and maintain working professional relationships with schools, hospitals, children programs, etc.
- Manage the structure and organization of key documents for the department.
- Connect the children in this program with established artists in their respective disciplines and provide them with information and resources.
- Create templates, documents, spreadsheets, etc., for the programs department to run more efficiently.
- Contact hospitals, children’s programs, schools, and tutors to establish partnerships.
- Keep up to date on any policies with our partners that may affect the children.
- 1 – 2+ years of experience in the nonprofit sector is desired
- Interest/experience in arts education is desired.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Familiar with online marketing automation platforms, such as Mailchimp or Sendinblue.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to adjust to changing work conditions and effectively multitask.
- Has worked both collaboratively with other team members and individually.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications.
**Internships are unpaid for credit only. If you are not receiving college credit for this internship you will not be eligible.
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 – 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.