A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
As a Human Resources Volunteer, you will liaise among departments to improve individual and collective performance in support of the organization’s mission. It is expected that you facilitate the necessary communication within and among teams to ensure an effective working relationship among all members of the organization.
Within this department, there are different opportunities, from credit based internships to experienced professional roles. If selected for an interview, we will assess and confirm the position level based on your experience and qualifications upon conclusion of the process.
- Schedule and actively participate in the interview and onboarding process
- Update and deploy job descriptions on recruiting platforms
- Ensure data integrity with personnel files and training materials
- Manage any and all employee relations matters including investigations, conflict resolution and addressing employee concerns
- Roll out HR programs including, but not limited to, employee surveys, performance reviews
- Design and recommend enhancements, improvements, and simplifications of existing HR policies and procedures
- 1-2+ years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- Experience applying human resources acumen to specific problems and recommending actionable solutions
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in collaborative and individual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Drive applications
*Internships are unpaid and for credit only. If you are not receiving college credit for this internship you will not be eligible.
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 – 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.