This role consists of communicating with external stakeholders, such as corporations, arts-related organizations, foundations, and individuals. The fundraising department is responsible for raising funds through written solicitations, grants, events and research of prospective sponsors and/or donors. You will aid in developing fundraising activities to strategically raise contributions and performance monitoring.
- Research, identify and assess fundraising opportunities, such as partnerships, prospective donors, and grants.
- Update and maintain donor and sponsor databases, specifically using Salesforce NPSP
- Develop and coordinate fundraising events, both in-person and virtual events
- Coordinate communication and maintain relationships among all strategic affiliates, including but not limited to private foundations, trusts, and donors
- Collaborate across departments to create and collect materials for the organization such as brochures, newsletters, special projects, annual reports, etc.
- 1 – 2+ years experience in related field
- Degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications, or Business Administration
- Experience with event planning, grant writing and/or donor management
- Track record of implementing and analyzing results-oriented initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, required for engaging with strategic affiliates
- Familiarity with virtual fundraising platforms and CRMs, such as Salesforce NPSP preferred
*Internships are unpaid and for credit only. If you are not receiving college credit for this internship you will not be eligible.
Positions require a commitment of being online at least two (2) days a week, four (4) hours each day.
Due to the COVID-19, we are 100% remote. Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least once per week.