This role consists of preparing periodic financial statements and assessing the allocation of funds. On a weekly basis, you will work with the team to track and record the status of all contributions and expenses. It will also be critical to document and update all nonprofit operational billing standards. By understanding every aspect of the operation, you will analyze the activity of each department to achieve optimal resource allocation.
- Work directly with the Business and Operations department on building quarterly and annual budgets
- Monitor the drafting and finalization of accounts receivable and payable, accuracy of billing and payment information, and invoice maintenance
- Communicate across all departments to maintain monthly statements and balances
- Prepare monthly billing statements for the entire organization
- Identify and resolve invoice disputes and errors
- 1 – 2+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Experience applying financial acumen to specific problems and recommending actionable solutions
- Bookkeeping experience with exquisite attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in collaborative and individual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite – specifically Excel – and Google Drive applications
*Internships are unpaid and for credit only. If you are not receiving college credit for this internship you will not be eligible.
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 – 10 hours per week.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.