In-Person University Career Fair – Day 1
Health and Safety Announcement!: *If you have had exposure to COVID-19 and/or are experiencing symptoms that include fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, a persistent cough, sore throat, sustained chills/shaking, headache, muscle pain, congestion, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea that have lasted longer than 24 hours, please stay home to take care of yourself and not expose others.
- Starting at 10:15 am, cars will be able to drop off their displays with our team in front of the City Campus Nebraska Union (1400 R St.). Once they have dropped off their stuff, they will be directed to park in any of the City of Lincoln Park & Go parking garages. A map of the closest ones can be found here. Validation tickets can be picked up at the Drop Off Zone in front of the Union or at the Career Services info desk located near employer check-in.
- Check-in will begin at 10:15 am and will be located on the 2nd floor of the Union at the top of the spiral staircase. Check-in will consist of multiple stations that utilize QR codes so please bring your smartphone fully charged for the day. We encourage employers to arrive early to allow adequate time to check in and set up.
- Career Fair participants can access free wifi by selecting NU Guest wifi and logging in with the following credentials:
Guest Username: UNLCareerFair
Guest Password: Huskers
- Employers will receive lunch tickets at check-in to eat at one of our Union vendors (Subway, Imperial Palace (Chinese), Valentino’s (Pizza), Chick-fil-A, Steak and Shake). There are plenty of spaces to eat in the Union, as well as outside to encourage social distancing. If you choose not to eat in the Union, downtown restaurants are within walking distance. Lunch tickets are not valid at off-campus restaurants or Starbucks in the Union.
Career Fair Plus
Dress Code Expectations for Students
- Business casual looks different for everyone. You could see students in a polo and slacks or you might see some in three-piece suits. As we all know, business clothes can be costly, especially on a college budget. This is why we do not have a formal dress code for the event to promote an equitable fair experience.
- As part of our COVID-19 mitigation efforts, we are requesting that the career fair is a No-Handshake Zone. We ask that all employers and students embrace head nods, elbow taps, and general greetings in place of the traditional handshake.
Attending tomorrow’s career fair?
- You can utilize the Career Fair Plus app to see where your employer booth will be the next day. If you are placed in the same spot, feel free to leave your booth set up for the following day (please take all electronics and valuables with you). If you are moving to a new booth space, please move your materials to the next day’s space once the current employer has packed up their belongings. If you have any questions around your future booth placement locations, stop by the Career Services Info Booth next to the Check-in Station.
- If you are needing to ship packages after the fair, packages can be dropped off at convenient nearby downtown shipping locations. If you are unable to drop off your packages and need to a package pick-up, you must adhere completed shipping labels to all packages to be shipped and call your provider to request a pick-up. Once you have called to schedule a package pick-up, you can place the package at the designated shipping location inside of the Career Services office in room 225 in the Union.
Need a Quiet Space?
- Need to take a quick call during the fair? The Regency Room, located near the initial Health Check-in Station will be open for employers to utilize for phone calls, emails, etc.
- Due to space constraints and COVID restrictions, we unfortunately are not hosting formal day-after interviews following the fairs this fall. We will only have limited space available first-come, first-served for our Husker Circle Scarlet members to reserve. All other employers are encouraged to host interviews virtually, or off-campus on a date that is most convenient for them. For questions, please contact Chance Radtke, email@example.com.
Internship/Job Offer Guidelines
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln recognizes that the recruiting process involves important decisions for both students and employers. We encourage students and employers to use fair and reasonable practices when in the job and internship search and appreciate employers who extend opportunities to students. In order to support those employers’ needs and to provide students adequate time to evaluate and respond to job and internship offers, we request employers consider these guidelines.
- Follow UNL Career Services on LinkedIn to get information about campus recruitment, hiring trends, and our upcoming fairs and events.
- Feel free to call the Career Services offices at 402-472-3145 or stop by the Career Services info booth which will be set up next to the fair’s Check-in Station.
Mark your Calendars!
- Our tentative Spring University Career Fair Dates are scheduled for Monday, Feb. 14 – Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022. Registrations will open in early December in Handshake.