@ the Nebraska Union on City Campus
- Monday, October 9th, 2023 | 1-3:30pm
Employer registration opens in Handshake on Monday, June 26th, 2023.
Employer registrations close on Thursday, October 5th, 2023, or when registration reaches capacity. Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. Booth placement is influenced by the date of payment.
$150 – Standard Booth Registration (fee includes booth space, parking, and lunch for up to 2 representatives)
$30 – Additional representative
Cancellations and refund requests must be submitted in writing to Chance Radtke, firstname.lastname@example.org. A $50 administration fee will be deducted from ALL processed refunds.
- On or before Sunday, October 1st: A full refund, less the $50 admin fee.
- Monday, October 2nd-Friday, October 6th: 50% refund, less the $50 admin fee.
- After Friday, October 6th: No refund.
No exceptions will be made for requests submitted outside of the above terms.
Booths are placed on a first-PAID, first-served basis. The best way to get the best booth spot is to settle your invoice ASAP. If you believe you will have problems doing so, please contact Chance Radtke to come up with a plan.
Preparing for the Career Fair
If you are choosing to ship packages to UNL ahead of the fair, please schedule them to arrive no earlier than Monday, October 2nd.
Please send packages to our office in the Nebraska Union:
UNL Career Fair – *Company Name*
Attn: Career Services
1400 R Street, Room 225
Lincoln, NE 68588
- Make sure your jobs are posted on Handshake and attached to your fair registration! Students will be able to see these before the fair. For more information on how to post, head to our website.
- If you are having a hard time updating your career fair registration, here is a guide to help.
- Connect with students via Handshake or LinkedIn to let them know you’re coming and would love to meet with them. Be as intentional as possible as students are often turned off by what appears to be a mass message!
- Mentally prep for an evening of standing and talking with our students. The more engaging you are in pulling them into your table, the better conversations you’ll have.
- Have a plan on how to capture student information. UNL Career Services is excited to introduce a new way for attending employers to streamline their interaction with students at the upcoming fair. This year we’re offering the option to utilize the Handshake In-person Booth Check-in System. Scroll down to During the Fair – Day of Details section to get an overview on how it will work.
Ensure that all reps attending receive the pre-fair details by signing them up via the button below.
If you are having issues getting signed up, please directly e-mail Career Services with your organization and dates attending to get added.
Yes there are! Since we are located right in Downtown Lincoln, you will be close to a variety of hotels, all within walking distance to campus. Head to the link below for a list of accommodations.
During the Fair: Day-of Details
Starting at 10:15am, cars will be able to drop off their supplies/displays with our team in front of the City Campus Nebraska Union (1400 R St.).
Once your items are dropped off, you will be directed to park in any of the City of Lincoln Park & Go parking garages. The closest one is located on the 14th and Q city block. You can then receive a parking validation ticket when you check into the fair.
Around a week out from our fair kick-off, active links to our interactive career fair map will be available for viewing.
Please note that booths are placed on a first PAID, first served basis. To ensure the best booth placement, please settle your invoice ASAP. If you believe you will have problems doing so, please contact Chance Radtke to come up with a plan.
Capture Student Information at the Fair
At UNL Career Services, we’re excited to introduce a new way for attending employers to streamline their interaction with students at the upcoming career fair. This year, we’re offering the option to utilize the Handshake In-person Booth Check-in system. Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Receive Your Unique QR Code
- Each participating organization will receive a unique QR code for their booth. You do not need to print off your QR code ahead of time. We will have them for you at your table.
Step 2: Student Check-In
- When students approach your booth, invite them to scan your QR code to “check in.”
Step 3: Post-Fair Benefits
- After the fair, students will receive a list of the employers they visited.
- Your designated representative for this fair will receive a list of the students who checked into your booth.
This streamlined process benefits both students and employers by providing valuable information about their fair connections. Thank you for participating, and we look forward to a successful event!
This streamlined process benefits both students and employers by providing valuable information about their fair connections. While not mandatory, we encourage you to utilize this new feature.
Here is an example provided by Handshake as to what your fair registration will look like after the fair. You might not be able to see it now, but as the fair gets closer it should be available. If you have any questions or issues, please reach out to Chance Radtke.
Career fair participants can access free Wi-Fi by selecting NU Guest and logging in with the following credentials:
Username: Education Career Fair
At check-in, you will receive a lunch ticket to eat at one of our Nebraska Union vendors (Subway, Imperial Palace, Valentino’s, Chick-fil-A, and Steak-n-Shake). If you choose not to eat in the Union, downtown restaurants are within walking distance. Lunch tickets are not valid at off-campus restaurants or Starbucks in the Union.
For all career fair days, we will have space reserved that is solely for employers. This space will include snacks, water, and tables for you to take a break and take care of whatever you may need, even if that’s just personal time for yourself or a quiet space to take a phone call!
Space to eat as well as catered snacks and water will be provided in Employer Lounge, located next to the career fair. There are also water fountains and stand-up water fill stations located around the Union for your use.
On your table, there will be a slip of paper that tells our staff what you would like to do with your belongings. If you would like to utilize the pick-up service after the fair, be sure to package up your supplies and fill out the pick-up sheet that was on your table upon arrival. Fair volunteers will then help move your items to the pick-up zone directly after the fair. This service will not start until after the fair concludes at 3:30 pm. If you want to leave earlier, it will be your responsibility to take down your display.
Once the fair concludes, you’ll take your packages to the Career Services Office (Nebraska Union 225). There we will have stations for you to drop off your already-packed displays to be picked up at your scheduled time.
While we are happy to hold your packages for you and provide an easy pick-up spot, it is your responsibility to call your shipping provider and schedule a pick-up of your belongings.
We would love for you to provide your feedback once the fair concludes. An evaluation will be sent out to all of those who checked-in for the career fair. If you do not receive an evaluation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
If your questions were not answered, please feel free to give our office a call at 402-472-3145 or e-mail our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.