Career Services offers a variety of ways to recruit at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. These opportunities vary based on the candidates you are trying to reach and the type of position you are recruiting for.
Posting positions has never been easier! The platform Handshake is a powerful recruiting tool, enabling employers to connect with not only talented students and alumni from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln but with thousands of students across the nation via a network of member universities and institutions!
In Handshake, employers can:
- Post jobs and internships
- Participate in on-campus interviews and recruitment
- Register for events and career fairs
- Take advantage of powerful applicant filtering
Get started by creating an employer account!
Attend Career Fairs
Attend our Career Fairs to engage directly with students seeking jobs, internships, co-ops, and experiential learning opportunities. A variety of Career Fairs are coordinated each academic year with thousands of students in attendance. Check out our Career Fairs landing page for upcoming fair information.
Interview On Campus
Career Services has rooms available for employers to meet candidates on campus at no cost and can facilitate Skype interviews with a dedicated Skype room. Schedule your interview through Handshake.
Interviews are typically held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, city campus, 225 Nebraska Union, 14th & R Streets, Career Resource Center. We also have limited space available in the Business Career Center and on East Campus.
Due to COVID-19, we encourage all of our employers to host interviews and recruiting events virtually until further notice. For virtual interviews, please ensure all candidates receive necessary links or log-in information for your chosen platform prior to the interview date.
Participate in Career Development Programs
In addition to Career Fairs, Career Services coordinates career development programs for students including Career Fair prep nights and mock interviews. Employer participation provides students valuable knowledge and feedback. We welcome all who are interested – contact us by email at University Career Services or by calling (402) 472-3145 if interested!
Employers are invited to connect directly with students by hosting events and visiting campus. Events create opportunity for increasing brand awareness, showcasing open and upcoming jobs and internship positions, and more. Submit an event request through your Handshake account. Learn more about opportunities to connect on campus here.
Additional Recruitment Strategies
- Use social media – request Career Services to tag your organization on Facebook when you are on campus
- Conduct practice interviews
- Provide resume or social media reviews
- Connect with Student Involvement to present to students or sponsor events for a student organization – view the full list of Registered Student Organizations
- Sponsor a campus event
- Organize a tour for students, staff and/or faculty at your organization
- Arrange a lunch or meeting on campus to meet faculty and staff
- Place an ad in the the Daily Nebraskan.