Employer Registration closes on Sept. 14th!
Is UNL having virtual or in-person career fairs this fall?
- We are hosting hybrid career fairs with four days in-person and two days virtually.
When and where are the career fairs this fall?
- Sept 21, 12-4 pm, Nebraska Union Sept. 22, 12-4 pm, Nebraska Union Sept. 23, 12-4 pm, Nebraska Union Sept. 24, 10 am-2 pm, East Campus Union
- Oct. 12, 12-4 pm, Handshake Oct. 13, 12-4 pm, Handshake
Where can I register for career fairs?
- Registration for all fairs occurs in the Handshake platform and is
first PAID first served
- . If your organization has challenges remitting immediate payment but can provide proof of processing, you can reach out to the
- to discuss getting approved before payment is received.
When does employer registration open?
- Registration for employers opens on Thursday, July 15th and closes on Tuesday, September 14th.
How much does registration cost?
- All registration costs are available within Handshake on the registration pages.
What size booth can I have and how many reps am I allowed to bring?
- We are offering single booths only this fall, which includes a six-foot table and space for two representatives. One additional representative may be added for an additional fee, available as an option on the registration page.
How many days can I attend?
- Employers may register for and attend
- in-person days and unlimited virtual days. With the transition back to in-person events, physical space is our limitation on campus. We have a limited number of available booth spaces each day, so to provide engagement opportunities for all our employers equitably, we need to manage the number of days each employer may attend. As we get closer to the fairs, we may provide the option to register for additional in-person days if we have spaces remaining. Otherwise, you are welcome to register for one or both of our
- fairs held on
- to maximize your student engagement. All career pathways will be represented on both days of our virtual fairs.
Which day should I attend?
- In-person career fairs are split across four days by career pathways. Information on which pathways are targeted for each day are available at
COVID-19 Precautions: At this point, we are following University guidelines and taking extra measures to encourage safety for you and our students. Students will be required to show their Safer Community app when they attend the event.
- Masks will be required for all participants. This applies to all of Lincoln-Lancaster County as well. Should you forget your mask, we will have extras on hand.
- Check-in will be completely contactless for both students and employers. Have your phone charged and ready to scan some QR codes as these will assist with the contactless check-in process.
- We will be promoting a “Handshake-Free” zone in and around the fair. We ask that you embrace friendly waves and elbow taps as you greet each other.
- All students will enter and exit through different doors, creating a single flow of traffic.
- Lunch tickets will be provided for registered employers for vendors in our Union spaces. This will allow employers the opportunity to potentially take their lunch outside to social distance while eating.
- Career fair registrations include the option for employers to add 1 additional representative for the day (3 total). As part of our event’s COVID mitigation agreement, all employers must abide by the three-person per booth, per organization maximum. The same three representatives will need to staff the event on a given fair day. You will not be allowed to switch out recruiters or staff members during the event, as that would exceed our maximum.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or feel that you are at risk to spread COVID-19, please do not attend the fair. As much as we would love to have you, we want to make this event as safe as possible for all guests.
For COVID updates, please go to covid19.unl.edu.
Monday, Sept. 20, 2021: Virtual Actuarial Science Career Fair
Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021: In-Person University Career Fair- Day 1
Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021: In-Person University Career Fair- Day 2
Thursday, Sept. 23, 2021: In-Person University Career Fair- Day 3
Friday, Sept. 24, 2021: In-Person University Career Fair- Day 4
Tuesday, Oct. 12 & Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021 Virtual University Career Fair
Opportunities to Connect with Career Services Ahead of the Fairs
Title Date Platform View Getting Ready for the Career Fair August 24th @ 2pm Zoom https://mediahub.unl.edu/media/17737 Supporting a Diverse Workplace August 26th @ 2pm Zoom https://mediahub.unl.edu/media/17748
Office Hours: Have questions that can’t be answered in an e-mail? Connect with our Employer and Campus Relations Coordinator, Courtney Strayer by signing up for a time to meet here. These will be held on Zoom and scheduled in 15-minute blocks.
We will also be hosting drop-in-style office hours from 2-3pm from September 13th-September 20th. You can join those here: Need help before the virtual fair? You can connect with us at the same time from Oct. 6th-Oct. 11th here.