Introducing the Experiential Learning Dashboard in MyRed!
UNL students participate in a wide variety of experiential learning opportunities and the University wishes to capture information around these experiences. If you have had an internship/co-op, volunteer, research, or career-related experience this spring, share it with UNL via the new Experiential Learning Dashboard which is now available in the Academics dropdown menu of MyRed.
To report your experience, access MyRed and find the dashboard under the Academics tab, or click here to go directly to the survey form.
Sharing an experience takes less than 3 minutes and the information you provide helps other students learn about opportunities, impacts UNL’s accreditation and academic rankings, and influences the future value of the degree you’re working hard for now. Have more than one experience to report? That’s great – you can report any and all you’ve had during your time at UNL!
Here are some answers to FAQs you might have:
- Why is UNL interested in this information?
- Student experiential learning activities affect UNL rankings and accreditation, and can affect the value of attending and attaining a degree at UNL
- This data will be shared so advisors and departments can more accurately tell the career and experiential narratives of their students
- What information is asked for?
- General information on Internships, Co-ops, Research, Volunteerism, and Practicuum experiences is asked for
- How is the information captured?
- Student information is captured through a form in MyRed
- Students can complete the form multiple times and use the new Experiential Learning dashboard tool to edit their results – if, for example, a student did both an internship AND research in a given semester, they can simply refresh the page and report additional experiences
- How will the information submitted be used?
- Data will be used to understand what types of experiential learning Huskers engage in, how often, for how long, when, and where
- Unique student data will be kept confidential and will not be shared to outside entities, only aggregate data may be shared
Please contact Mallory Celani at email@example.com if you have questions.
Learn how to find and complete the Experiences Survey in MyRed using the video below, or download a PDF here with step-by-step instructions