Career Services helps students and alumni in all academic areas as they plan next steps toward a career or further education.
Career advising is free to enrolled UNL students. Alumni of UNL may also meet with a career advisor initially for no charge.
On-going appointments may be subject to fee.
Need resume help?
Come to a Resume/Handshake Lab to work on your resume with help from our staff! Bring your computer, ask questions, get feedback, make edits as you go, and walk out with an improved resume. You can come and go during lab hours.
Getting started on a job or internship search?
Come to a Resume/Handshake Lab to learn about the University’s student job search system, Handshake! Find part-time jobs on and off campus – including Work-Study, or find local, national and international internships and jobs for after graduation.
Resume/Handshake Lab Hours and Location
10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm, Monday-Friday (academic year – when classes are in session)
225 Nebraska Union – University Career Services
Nebraska has a dedicated team of career development professionals across campus who will help you gain the skills needed to manage your career now and in the future such as how to:
- Choose a major and career path
- Gain experience through part-time jobs, internships and other active learning opportunities
- Showcase your qualifications in resumes, online profiles, and interviewing
- Pursue your post-graduation goals through job search strategy and graduate school applications
- Schedule appointment on-line through MyPLAN
- Log-in to MyUNL and select Canvas
- Click on "Account" then select MyPLAN
- Click the "Success Network" and search for Career Developments
- Select a coach within your Academic College or an affinity group that can best meet your career development goals.
- OR call our reception desk at (402) 472-3145
- OR email us at email@example.com