@ the College of Business | Howard L. Hawks Hall on City Campus
- Monday, September 25th, 2023 | 4-6 PM
Employer registration opens in Handshake on Monday, June 26th, 2023.
Employer registrations close on Friday, September 15th, 2023 or when registration reaches capacity. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. Booth placement is influenced by date of payment.
- $525 – Corporate Booth Registration per day (fee includes booth space, and parking)
- $225 – Non-profit/Government Booth Registration per day (fee includes booth space, and parking)
- $50 – Electricity to booth space per day (limited number available)
Cancellations and refund requests must be submitted in writing to Chance Radtke, email@example.com. A $50 administration fee will be deducted from ALL processed refunds.
- On or before Sunday, September 10th: A full refund, less the $50 admin fee.
- Monday, September 11th-Friday, September 15th: 50% refund, less the $50 admin fee.
- After Friday, September 15th: No refund.
No exceptions will be made for requests submitted outside of the above terms.
Booths are placed on a first-PAID, first-served basis. The best way to get the best booth spot is to settle your invoice ASAP. If you believe you will have problems doing so, please contact Chance Radtke to come up with a plan.
Preparing for the Career Fair
If you are choosing to ship packages to UNL ahead of the fair, please schedule them to arrive no earlier than Monday, September 18th, 2023.
Packages can be shipped directly to Hawks Hall:
UNL Actuarial Science Career Fair – *COMPANY NAME*
Attn: Business Career Center, 141 Howard L. Hawks Hall
730 N 14th St.
Lincoln, NE 68588-0007
- Make sure your jobs are posted on Handshake and attached to your fair registration! Students will be able to see these before the fair. For more information on how to post, head to our website.
- If you are having a hard time updating your career fair registration, here is a guide to help.
- Connect with students via Handshake or LinkedIn to let them know you’re coming and would love to meet with them. Be as intentional as possible as students are often turned off by what appears to be a mass message!
- Mentally prep for an evening of standing and talking with our students. The more engaging you are in pulling them into your table, the better conversations you’ll have.
- Have a plan on how to capture student information. UNL Career Services is excited to introduce a new way for attending employers to streamline their interaction with students at the upcoming fair. This year we’re offering the option to utilize the Handshake In-person Booth Check-in System. Scroll down to During the Fair – Day of Details section to get an overview on how it will work.
Ensure that all reps attending receive the pre-fair details by signing them up via the button below.
If you are having issues getting signed up, please directly e-mail Career Services with your organization and dates attending to get added.
Yes there are! Since we are located right in Downtown Lincoln, you will be close to a variety of hotels, all within walking distance to campus. Head to the link below for a list of accommodations.
During the Fair: Day-of Details
If you have booth supplies that you would like to drop off ahead of the fair, you can utilize the Employer Drop-off zone on the west side of the College of Business Howard L Hawks Hall, just south of Vine and 14th, from 2:45-4:00 pm the day of the fair. Volunteers will meet your vehicle and help transport your items to your fair booth. For an unloading zone and parking map click here.
Employer Parking is located in the 14th and Avery Garage. This parking garage is located a few blocks north of Hawks Hall. Employers are encouraged to utilize the display drop-off option as noted in section above to avoid long commutes with your supplies. For an unloading zone and parking map click here.
- Enter the 14th and Avery Garage, take an entry ticket and leave it on your dash.
- At the Employer Check-in Station (2nd floor of College Of Business Howard L Hawks Hall), receive your parking validation ticket. *Note: do not put the validation ticket next to any magnets or cell phones, and do not fold or place it in a pocket where the magnetic strip might be damaged.
- Upon leaving the garage, insert your entry ticket, followed by the validation ticket, when prompted to pay. When inserting the ticket, follow the directional arrows on the ticket. If you encounter difficulty, press the call for “Assistance” Button and not the “Lost Ticket” Button which assesses a $25 lost ticket fee.
Around a week out from our fair kick-off, active links to our interactive career fair map will be available for viewing.
Please note that booths are placed on a first PAID, first served basis. To ensure the best booth placement, please settle your invoice ASAP. If you believe you will have problems doing so, please contact Chance Radtke to come up with a plan.
Capture Student Information at the Fair
At UNL Career Services, we’re excited to introduce a new way for attending employers to streamline their interaction with students at the upcoming career fair. This year, we’re offering the option to utilize the Handshake In-person Booth Check-in system. Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Receive Your Unique QR Code
- Each participating organization will receive a unique QR code for their booth. You do not need to print off your QR code ahead of time. We will have them for you at your table.
Step 2: Student Check-In
- When students approach your booth, invite them to scan your QR code to “check in.”
Step 3: Post-Fair Benefits
- After the fair, students will receive a list of the employers they visited.
- Your designated representative for this fair will receive a list of the students who checked into your booth.
This streamlined process benefits both students and employers by providing valuable information about their fair connections. Thank you for participating, and we look forward to a successful event!
This streamlined process benefits both students and employers by providing valuable information about their fair connections. While not mandatory, we encourage you to utilize this new feature.
Here is an example provided by Handshake as to what your fair registration will look like after the fair. You might not be able to see it now, but as the fair gets closer it should be available. If you have any questions or issues, please reach out to Chance Radtke.
Career fair participants can access free Wi-Fi by selecting NU Guest and logging in with the following credentials:
Before or during the fair, the Employer Lounge will be open to employers to grab light snacks and drinks. The Employer Lounge is located in the Business Career Center, room 141 in Hawks Hall.
Day-After Interviews (Tuesday, Sept. 26):
In addition to any space indicated on the registration, PLEASE SUBMIT A FORMAL REQUEST FOR SPACE VIA YOUR HANDSHAKE ACCOUNT HOMEPAGE noting “Actuarial Science Fair” in the Interview Schedule Description field. LIMITED space available first-come, first-served and WILL NOT be reserved without this request submitted and approved in Handshake. To allow for more flexibility in scheduling, please also consider hosting your interviews virtually or off-campus at times convenient for you and your candidates.
For employers participating in the Day-After Interviews on Tuesday, Sept. 26th, check into the Business Career Center in Howard L. Hawks Hall, room 141.
Please contact Ms. Chance Radtke, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
On your table, there will be a slip of paper that tells our staff what you would like to do with your belongings. If you would like to utilize the pick-up service after the fair, be sure to package up your supplies and fill out the pick-up sheet that was on your table upon arrival. Fair volunteers will then help move your items to the pick-up zone directly after the fair. This service will not start until after the fair concludes at 6 pm. If you want to leave earlier, it will be your responsibility to take down your display.
If you have pre-coordinated a pick up of your packages to occur at 6 pm on the day of the fair, you can leave them at the Business Career Center (Hawks Hall, room 141). Otherwise, we encourage you to drop off your packages at the closest shipping carrier location.
We would love for you to provide your feedback once the fair concludes. An evaluation will be sent out to all of those who checked-in for the career fair. If you do not receive an evaluation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
If your questions were not answered, please feel free to give our office a call at 402-472-3145 or e-mail our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.