Explore Majors and Careers
Whether you need help choosing or changing a major or have questions about careers, Career Services can help.
Meet with a career advisor to discuss assessment options and next steps.
Discover your skills and strengths to develop materials for positions or graduate programs.
- Strong Interest Inventory provides a career profile and compares it to working professionals. Meet with a career advisor for a referral card and complete assessment in 225 Nebraska Union.
- Career Cruising offers interest and skills assessments as well as career information. Contact us for username and password. Funded by the UNL Parents Association.
- FOCUS 2- offers interest, skills, values, and personality assessments and connects careers to UNL majors. Access code: huskers.
- O*Net provides an occupation search and My Next Move a brief interest assessment.
- Transferable Skills Assessment rates and categorizes your skills.
- StrengthsQuest provides your top five talent themes, strengths profile, action planning, and online resources. $10
Research careers including training, job outlook, and earnings.
- Career Guide to UNL Undergraduate Majors - Information on recent UNL graduates in all majors.
- Informational Interviews - Learn about a profession by interviewing someone in that field.
- What Can I Do With This Major? - Information about industries, employers and career strategies for common college majors.
- Nebraska Labor Market information - Includes workforce and employer trends.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Career information including the nature of work, training and qualifications, outlook, earnings.
- What Color is Your Parachute - A resource for self-assessment and job search.
- Versatile PhD - A resource of STEM, humanities, and social science PhDs sharing non-academic career choices.
Explore UNL Majors
Use the following campus resources to learn more about UNL Majors.